Department of Child Safety (DCS) Specialist Trainee - $33,312*
Applicant possessing previous experience as a DCS Specialist in Arizona or another State may be placed a higher salary as determined by Human Resources
- Under direct supervision in a training capacity, performs a variety of tasks at the professional entry level in child protective case management.
- Provides direct or indirect assistance to children and the families and performs related work as required.
- Employees remain in this position for 22 weeks.
- Promotion automatically occurs after 22 weeks to the DCS Specialist if employee is meeting expectations.
- Requires Master's or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, OR Five (5) years of experience as a DCS Case Aide II in Arizona state service.
DCS Specialist - $36,824 – $40,641
*After one year of service as a DCS Specialist, salary will be increased to $40,641 if employee is meeting expectations
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of tasks in child protective case management and provides direct or indirect assistance to children and the families.
- This position is distinguished from the DCS Trainee by greater emphasis on case management/case complexity and a higher level of authority assigned.
- This position may assume investigative responsibilities.
This position is being advertised in multiple locations statewide. Applicants need only submit one application to be considered for all positions.