ADES has contracted with Arizona's Children Association to provide transition services to eligible youth. Eligible youth are ages 18, 19 or 20, and previously a ward of the county or tribal court at age 16 or older. This provider will also serve youth in care identified as "likely" to reach the age of 18 while in out of home care, under the jurisdiction of the county or tribal court.
Services may include:
- Life skills assessment and training, (group, 1:1)
- Educational and vocational assistance, counseling
- Assistance in applying for the Education and Training Voucher
- Assistance in locating/maintain housing, including some direct financial assistance
- Employment support, i.e. assistance in development of pre-employment skills resume writing, job search, etc.
- Financial assistance - a limited amount of funding is available to assist with costs related to education, employment, housing and other areas related to self-sufficiency for youth 18 to 21.
For Referrals & Information Contact: Director of Transitional & Support Services
For information on Re-Entry into Foster Care for Young Adults age 18-20 and other services & supports, please go to our state website: Independent Living Program and Young Adult Program