Click on your county to find a licensing agency in your area that you may contact directly.
Orientations are offered as group sessions or individual meetings depending on your location in the state. At the orientation you will learn:
- Who are the children in need of homes?
- What are the requirements to be a foster or adoptive parent?
- What are the roles and responsibilities of foster or adoptive parents?
- What is the process to become a foster or adoptive parent?
- What supports are available for foster and adoptive parents?
- Keep in mind that this is a process that will take time as we get to know you and you reflect on your ability to care for children in foster care. This is the time and place for you to ask questions.