We’re Here to Support You
We know 2020 was a challenging year, and we want to help you make 2021 and beyond a big success. As a youth who has experienced foster care, there are resources now available to you to give you assistance. Due to additional government funding, you may be eligible for help with schooling, living expenses and even re-entering care.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
If you are between the ages of 14 and 26 and are currently in foster care or have been in foster care between ages 14 and 21, you may be eligible for financial assistance to help with continuing your education, finding housing, getting transportation and more. In addition to DCS’s regular Extended Foster Care re-entry practices, there is an additional group of youth who are currently able to re-enter for a limited time.
Here are the finer details:
- For those youth who exited foster care at age 21 between January 27, 2020 through April 20, 2021, they are eligible for re-entering the Extended Foster Care program until September 30, 2021.
- Youth will not be found ineligible for the Extended Foster Care program due to lack of education and employment until September 30, 2021.
- Chafee Program funding for successful transition to adulthood has been increased providing additional funding for:
- Education and Training Vouchers
- Housing and Employment funding
- Driving and Transportation
- Electronics and Communication Support
- Needed Medical Expenses not covered by CHP or Health Care Provider
FOSTER PARENTS, WE NEED YOU TOO!
Reaching foster youth is essential to ensuring they get the resources they need. If you have an eligible youth in your care or are in touch with a previous foster youth that may be eligible you can direct them to this page to request additional aid.
If you’re between the ages of 18 and 21 and you were in care at ages 16 and older, there are additional supportive services. Please visit: https://dcs.az.gov/services/yap and look at the after-care services tab.
Additional CAA ETV Funding
If Covid-19 disrupted your postsecondary educational plan during the spring of 2020, or the 20/21 school year, you may be eligible for CAA assistance through the Education and Training Voucher (ETV) program.
To apply for CAA ETV funds: