Think of this guide as a tool to help you learn about:
- Laws within Arizona and policies within DCS that direct the actions and decisions of DCS Specialist and the juvenile court system
- People whom you will meet, the service systems they work in, and their roles with your child and family
- How to support your family’s rights (your own and your children’s)
- Your responsibilities as a parent when involved with Arizona’s Department of Child Safety
- Practical tips on navigating the Department of Child Safety
HOW DO I FIND INFORMATION IN THE GUIDE?
The guide is designed to follow a family’s path through the Department of Child Safety from the time of first contact with a DCS Specialist. The common questions people have regarding the Department of Child Safety are listed in the table of contents with the page numbers. Download a copy of the Parent Guide.
Click on a section below to learn more.