DCS Strategic Plan
Agency Mission: Successfully engage children, parents, families and the community to ensure safety, strengthen families, and achieve permanency.
Agency Vision: Children thrive in family environments free from abuse and neglect.
The Arizona Department of Child Safety is committed to achieving safety, permanency and well-being for Arizona’s children and families. DCS is driven by this commitment, as well as a desire to be a national leader for child safety through a well-run, efficient, and effective organization based on best practices and continuous improvement.
The purpose of the strategic plan is to build the systems and structure that will support outcomes for the future while at the same time identifying challenges that have evolved over time that need to be addressed in the immediate term. The five-year strategic goals provide the long-term direction. With these strategic goals, the agency balances the priorities to ensure sustainability:
Current Strategic Goals
- DCS culture that fosters and inspires mission-driven professionals who believe in and practice our shared values
- Design, implement and ensure fidelity of a service array that is individualized to strengthen families, cost efficient, and accessible by all who require support.
- Every child is paired with a caregiver who receives necessary supports, and is able to meet the child’s needs and support the child’s permanency goal
- DCS FY22 Strategic Plan
- DCS FY21 Strategic Plan
- DCS FY20 Strategic Plan
- DCS 2020 Year In Review
- DCS FY19 Strategic Plan
- DCS FY19 Strategy Deployment A3
- DCS 2019 Year In Review
- DCS FY18-Strategic Plan Sum DCS
- DCS FY18 Strategy Deployment A3
- DCS 2018 Year In Review
- DCS FY18 Year in Review
- DCS 2017 Year In Review
- DCS FY 2017 Strategic Plan