Agency Mission: Successfully partner with families, caregivers, and the community to strengthen families, ensure safety, and achieve permanency for all Arizona’s children through prevention, services, and support.
Agency Vision: Children thrive in family environments free from abuse and neglect.
The Arizona Department of Child Safety is committed to achieving safety, permanency and well-being for Arizona’s children and families. DCS is driven by this commitment, as well as a desire to be a national leader for child safety through a well-run, efficient, and effective organization based on best practices and continuous improvement.
The purpose of the strategic plan is to build the systems and structure that will support outcomes for the future while at the same time identifying challenges that have evolved over time that need to be addressed in the immediate term. The five-year strategic goals provide the long-term direction. With these strategic goals, the agency balances the priorities to ensure sustainability:
Current Strategic Goals
- DCS provides support to strengthen all types of families in the child’s network and community.
- DCS culture is characterized by compassion, empathy, collaborative problem-solving, inclusion, transparency, responsiveness, and engagement.
- All members of the DCS workforce have opportunities for professional development and engagement.
- DCS culture, practices, and services are anchored in a vision of Diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility.
- DCS supports prevention by partnering with communities to create family-strengthening resources.
- DCS uses data for and technology for transparency, accessibility, and problem-solving in a values-driven culture.