The Department of Child Safety was granted rulemaking authority under A.R.S. § 8-453(A)(5), and an 18-month exemption from the rulemaking requirements of Title 41, Chapter 6 under Arizona Laws 2014, Second Special Session, Chapter 1, Section 158 (Senate Bill 1001).
The law requires the Department to post all drafts of its administrative rules to the Department website for a minimum of 30 days, for an opportunity for the public to provide written comments. In addition, at least 2 public hearings must be held prior to the filing of the final rules.
THE DEPARTMENT IS ACCEPTING PUBLIC COMMENT UNTIL JULY 22, 2015 ON THE FOLLOWING DRAFT RULES:
- Chapter 1, Article 2, Comprehensive Medical and Dental Program
- Chapter 1, Article 3, Appeals
- Chapter 1, Article 4, Fingerprinting
- Chapter 5, Article 2, Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children
- Chapter 5, Article 3, Department Adoption Services
- Chapter 5, Article 4, Adoption Entity Services
These draft rules are posted at The Arizona Department Of Child Safety Rulemaking Site. Each online draft is accompanied by a survey.
3 WAYS TO COMMENT
- To comment online, complete the survey and submit.
- Comments can also be sent by mail to
Name: Carrie Senseman, Lead Rules Analyst
Department of Child Safety
P.O. Box 6030, Site Code C010-23
Phoenix, Arizona 85005-6030
(Comments must be postmarked by July 22, 2015.)
- Public meetings on the draft rules will be held:
Monday, July 20, 2015
Joel Valdez Main Library
101 N. Stone Avenue
Tucson, Arizona 85701
5pm – 7pm
Tuesday, July 21, 2015
Arizona Bridge to Independent Living
Disability Empowerment Center
5025 E. Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85034
5pm – 7pm
Americans with Disabilities Act: Persons with disabilities may request reasonable accommodations by contacting the Arizona Department of Child Safety, Carrie Senseman, at (602) 255-2534. Please make requests as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.