Agency Mission: Successfully engage children and families to ensure safety, strengthen families, and achieve permanency.
Agency Vision: Children thrive in family environments free from abuse and neglect.
The Arizona Department of Child Safety is committed to achieving safety, permanency and well-being for Arizona’s children and families. DCS is driven by this commitment, as well as a desire to be a national leader for child safety through a well-run, efficient, and effective organization based on best practices and continuous improvement.
The purpose of the strategic plan is to build the systems and structure that will support outcomes for the future while at the same time identifying challenges that have evolved over time that need to be addressed in the immediate term. The five-year strategic goals provide the long-term direction. With these strategic goals, the agency balances the priorities to ensure sustainability:
Five-Year Strategic Goals
- Improve objective decision-making in Investigations and Ongoing
- Develop and retain a highly effective workforce that engages the child welfare partners to serve children
- Reduce length of stay for children in out-of-home care
- Provide a quality experience for children while in out-of-home care
- Reduce recurrence of maltreatment by providing quality service
DCS FY19 Strategic Plan
DCS FY19 Strategy Deployment A3 - coming soon
DCS FY18-Strategic Plan Sum DCS
DCS FY18 Strategy Deployment A3
DCS FY18 Year in Review
DCS 2017 Year In Review
DCS FY 2017 Strategic Plan