State law (see § A.R.S. 8-807 F(2)(a) i-v)) requires that the following preliminary information be released about a case of abuse or neglect that results in a child fatality or near fatality:
- The name, age and city, town or general location of residence of the child who has suffered the fatality or near fatality;
- The fact that a child suffered a near fatality or fatality as the result of abuse, abandonment or neglect;
- The name, age and city, town or general location of residence of the alleged perpetrator, if available;
- Whether there have been reports, or any current or past cases, of child abuse, abandonment or neglect involving the child and the current alleged abusive or neglectful parent, guardian or custodian; and,
- Actions taken by DCS in response to the fatality or near fatality of the child.
The preliminary information will be posted here.